Need help with my salt water aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bossman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok i started out with a ten gallon tank converted from fresh water. People said it would not work lol but it did for me. Now i have a 20 gallon i would have gone bigger but my apartment complex only allows 20 gallon tanks no bigger. Anyways its been about a year and a half since the 20 gallon has been up and running. I have a pair of oscilarius clowns and two blue and yellow damsels. All the fish get along and they are quite happy except for when i clean it the smaller clown always pecks at me. My problem is i got my water checked at the store and its all good except for a bit of ammonia which we figured out the problem was i was diluting the saltwater with tap water instead of filtered water. but my plants will not grow and that the main reason i wanted a saltwater tank was for the awesome plants and fish. One of them is the same size it was 8 months ago when i bought it. it seem to have shrunk in size to be honest.

What kind of "plants" are you talking about? What kind of lighting do you have? For your water I would invest in RO/DI.

well, there arent really any "plants" that are supposed to go into a SW tank...unless you are talking about chaeto or some other type of green algae like Caulerpa, Halimeda, or Valonia. can you explain what plants you have?

or could you possibly mean coral?

yes i meant corals lol sorry...what is ro/di? i have a lighting system i bought from pet-co but i am thinking about switching to led

i just posted pics in my album so maybe you guys can check them out so you see what i am talking about

Back
Top Bottom