Need help with new wight sand anonme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandontqm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Got him the other day and was good when I put him in he fell over on his gave and I put him right side up after that he stated to like defeat and now a day later is yellow color and is the size of a half dollar I don't know what is wrong plz help

image-2094008834.jpg

That looks like a seabae anenome. They are quite difficult to raise and need a mature tank of at least a year old. Definitely try to set him up. The foot is not damaged is it?

Idk let me look I will put a pic

Attachments

• image-3887398236.jpg
    image-3887398236.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 90
How did you acclimate it? Do you have the right lighting and stable tank to make this nem happy? Most nems can a take a few days to get used to new surroundings, try turning off powerheads and setting it right side up to get its foot to attach...

I did put him right side up and lift him in the bag for like 30 min on top of the water and set him in and he rolled on to his face and like 1 hours later he starts to defeat and now it looks like a thing of garlic he has Been in the tank now for 24 hours but look dead and dos not move at all of will just roll on to its face

By the sounds of that I would say its unlikely he will make it. Is the tank new? You really need to acclimate all new livestock (particularly anemones an all inverts) properly - just a bag float only matches temp, and all saltwater inhabitants need to be acclimated for salinity most importantly but all water parameters and sometimes lighting...

+1 and do it before it dies, as most places aren't keen on taking back dead things. Something like this, you go back in and say that you want to return it because you were not aware that it needs an established tank with special/ proper lighting. If they give you grief, ask why they did not inform you of this prior to your purchase. A good LFS would have.

They will not the have a policy that say all animals can not be returned after they leave the build

I took it out of the tank and all of its insides like cam out and guck I have not had I'd for 2 days I'm mad I was sold a dieing fish the took my money

They didn't sell you dying fish (I assume you mean the anemone) I would say improper acclimation killed it. In any case they shouldn't have sold you livestock that your tank is not ready for...

I am in agreement with bectan. The nem died because of the method it was added into the tank rather than the fish store selling you dying livestock.

They didn't sell you dying fish (I assume you mean the anemone) I would say improper acclimation killed it. In any case they shouldn't have sold you livestock that your tank is not ready for...

You can most likley never trust the lfs, thats why we have forums no? + 1 inproper acclimation was the killer in this case and also the little research done by the OP. (which seems to be none)

We all make mistakes like this whether it be big $$$ or just a couple dollars. The good thing that comes from this is that you learn a lesson, to acclimate properly and to always do your research.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it was acclimation, because I generally float anemones and then add them, with no ill effects. I've been doing this for years.
I think it is the tank itself.
Please explain the setup- gallons, flow, lighting, parameters...

I do think it is all of the above when I got it from the stor it did not look good and that my tank was not rady for it so ya but thank to all for your help and yes we all lern from are mistakes

Back
Top Bottom