Need Help with Plant IDs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should have no problems returning it. I returned some 2 month old (never used) glass tops - and it was without a receipt.

Will try. I am currently trying to get all the pieces back together and take it back down to Petco. Well, time to see if they have that lighting down at the LFS, if not will buy it on fishneedit.com

They will not have that light at any LFS. If they have anything comparable, it will cost 3X as much.

Got it, will order it online. Will be rehoming most of my plants.

Quick question: is there anything that can grow with just plain old sunlight? I am going to be taking the hood off along with the lights, besides the plants already ID'd I have some rotala indica, anubias and java fern in my tank. Can they live on just sunlight coming from a window, or should I keep the hood on there until I can possible replace it?

I would leave it on there until you are going to upgrade. Sunlight will grow any plants very well (that's nature's way, after all). But it will also grow a whole bunch of algae along with it :).

Oh good! Before I got the hood recently I have been growing my plants with sunlight (I live by the coast so it's always sunny here) and the plants were doing fine. Well if algae grows,that's what a good algae scraper is for, right? ;)

Back
Top Bottom