Need help with some anemones from LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swiftler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have these two anemones in my 55 gallon. The first one has been in the tank for about 2 months and beside deflating and inflating almost daily is eating regularly and looking well. I just don't know what kind it is. I know it's not a condy, but I was hoping you guys would be able to help.

The other one was just added recently along with the sebae clown pictured with it. The first day it attached but then started drifting around and now is sitting on the bottom,not attached. I have tried to feed it and so has the clown but it doesn't seem to take. Also the LFS could identify it. Should I be worried or give it some more time

Thanks

Attachments

• image-1846180783.jpg
    image-1846180783.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 180
  • image-3517613388.jpg
    image-3517613388.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 172
They both look like purple tip anemones to me, you can try to feed them I will give mine a piece of cut up shrimp when I feed my coral plate it sometimes takes it sometimes not. They generally do not need food, they feed of light, anemones will float till they find a spot. Try PVC piping that is what I put mine in and they normally will not wonder after they are put in there.

both appear to be condylactis gigantea to me.
the reason anemones move is that they are not in an optimal spot, whether it be lighting, flow, or parameters. it will move until it's happy. restricting it in a pipe or container will not stop it unless it's ideal for it.

Thanks for the replys. I'm gonna beef up my lighting a bit and see if that helps. One site I read said to bury the foot cause they prefer the sandy bottom. At the LFS it was just in the middle of the sand as well. Should I try that if it doesn't find a home.

They also inflate and stuff as they please, just something they do. Also just let it go where it wants, they are living creatures and know what there doing most the time, just cover your power heads and put mesh around your over flow. Also the clown should be feeding it. Its probably just stressed from the move
. How old is your tank, what lighting, and water quality would be nice

Sorry to report that the sebae on the right has passed. Came home today an he was a withered mess. Hopefully nothing bad happens to the tank. Last night he looked the same as the picture. The other is doing very well and the clown that was hosting the sebae has moved to the condy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom