need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kado

Aquarium Advice Activist
about 6 of my 10 fish all seem to be frantically rubbing their eyes and sides against any surface they can find. rocks driftwood sand and plants. they really don't look happy. my last 25% water change was 4 days ago. the temp is 28degrees c. and ammonia is 0. nitrites are 0 and my ph is 7.7 to 7.8.
I have a mixture of peacocks haps and a couple of mbuna. in a 210L

please help.

about 6 of my 10 fish all seem to be frantically rubbing their eyes and sides against any surface they can find. rocks driftwood sand and plants. they really don't look happy. my last 25% water change was 4 days ago. the temp is 28degrees c. and ammonia is 0. nitrites are 0 and my ph is 7.7 to 7.8.

please help.

It could be ich when they get it they usually start rubbing they're sides on the substrate and ornaments in the tank,

please help.

Sounds like the start of an ich outbreak. Turn up the heater and try to get the water up to 84-86 gradually. Treat with salt to help heal.

Sounds like the start of an ich outbreak. Turn up the heater and try to get the water up to 84-86 gradually. Treat with salt to help heal.

i kept mine at 85 for a week while medicating and do not stop medicating once the fish are clear, medicate for another 48hrs because once the fish are clear the ich falls off the fish and settles in or on the substrate and thats the only time the medication will work on it, so dont stop when the fish are clear keep treating it.

ok. thanks everyone. I'll keep you posted.

ok it's been about 36hours now with my temp up and have been adding cichlid salt after a 50% water change and I haven't noticed any white spots on my fish. there's still a couple of them rubbing and shaking and darting around a lot. not sure if I may need some other sort of medication or just keep up the water changes and salt. :/

ok it's been about 36hours now with my temp up and have been adding cichlid salt after a 50% water change and I haven't noticed any white spots on my fish. there's still a couple of them rubbing and shaking and darting around a lot. not sure if I may need some other sort of medication or just keep up the water changes and salt. :/

I don't medicate for ich. Just heat, salt and pwc

i always keep a small bottle of melafix and pimafix for fungal infections and breakouts, but if your noticing them still scratching and darting, just keep treating.

inspect your fish closly and be very thorough in checking for any ich left, as soon as all of your fish are clear just go another 48 hours and then slowly each day creep your heat down to your normal temp after that period, you should be golden at that point.

thanks again everyone and Hukit your article was very informative. thanks :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom