Need Landscapeing Hire A Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hdultra

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello All,:p
Got home from work yesterday and one of my cichlids re landscaped the left side of the tank. He took the sand and piled it up about 8 inches high. You think I should put it back, or leave it alone. They will probally just do it again right ?

Attachments

• DSC00360.jpg
    DSC00360.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC00361.jpg
    DSC00361.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 128
Some cichlids love to rearrange their territory. Our breeding pair of firemouths start digging no sooner than I'm done with cleaning their tank, while we never had problems with their fry or our other cichlids. Our GBRs and kribs only dig out a little bit when they have spawned.

I move the piles back where they should be and treat it like a game. It drives our firemouths nuts but it gives them something to do.

If she is spawning should I leave it as is for now. I dont know if it a male or female. Pryor to the fish digging I thought there may have been some nasty going on there with another fish. lol :eek:

I personally move things back because I see it as a game.

I she is spawning, she will clear it out again and when you try to move the sand back, she will get highly agitated. That will be a sign that she's not just moving sand because she's bored. ;)

Back
Top Bottom