Need new bulb help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want a new bulb for my tank. Right now it's a 6500k 48 inch bulb. Where can I find maybe a 10000k bulb?? Need something good for my plants but mainly something to make my fish shine :) ... The highest they had at my wal mart was 6500k

From what I've been told on this same topic guiessman bulbs are amazing haven't picked one up yet so don't quote me on it.

What type bulbs do you have... T8, T5NO, T5HO or ???

6500K is good for plants as it has red and blue spectrum in it. The higher the K rating the more blue light it has so a 10K bulb is going to make reds look washed out color wise. Also the difference between a lower K rated bulb and a higher K rated bulb is that the higher the K rating the brighter they appear to the human eye. Plants don't see light that way tho. So honestly IMO the 6500K bulb is a good choice. If the tank seems too dull you can always add another single bulb fixture like the one you have so you can add another bulb to brighten the tank up more.

Geisemann bulbs are only T5HO's.

Back
Top Bottom