Need new fish. Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DirgeDevil

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, so ,due to school, I've been neglecting my tank a bit. Nothing's wrong with it, I just haven't kept up to my strict breeding guidelines I had for my fancy guppies, so I basically lost my pretty cobra-lace strain and all I have left are mutts, and I'd just like to let these last few die off and buy new fish. Any suggestions?

I don't want anything general though. I know I want freshwater/tropical, but I want something "exotic" looking. The tank has been up for about 5 years, it's a 16gal tall, and it's full of live plants and big adorable white/orange snails (so nothing that eats snails)

any fishie suggestions are appreciated! :D

Oh, and I have neon-rainbow gravel, which I was thinking about exchanging for black sand. I would have to recycle it though, which I really don't wish to do. So If I save all the water and settled "grout" from the bottom of the tank, and add it in with the new sand, would I still need to cycle it?

Attachments

• photos_009_616.jpg
    photos_009_616.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 23
  • photos_104_173.jpg
    photos_104_173.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 22
  • photos_254_207.jpg
    photos_254_207.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 19
The beneficial bacteria is usually in the filter, changing gravel is no reason for anything more than a mini-cycle. You do have a filter?
16 gallons is small. How about the very "exotic" buenos aires tetra? They look like mini pirahnas, and are in fact related. Or a pair of colorful apistogramma if you can find some in the area.

Of course I have a filter! lol. Those apistogrammas are JUST the kind of "exotic" I was thinking of! Thanks a bunch, I'll look into them.

Back
Top Bottom