Need new skimmer! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishcrack

Aquarium Advice Regular
We have the Coralife Super Skimmer. I've been reading on another thread that many people have had a lot of problems with this skimmer. We can't get ours to work properly after only a year. It's time to upgrade.

I'm interested to hear more about the Aqua-C Remora. What model would be best for a 90 gallon with a sump? Any good online sites for prices? My son isgoing to college in the fall so he's watching his pennies (that's why he likes mine so much)! Also, we've started with some macroalgae but it seems to be growing slowly. What type is best? Any recommendations for providing the best growing conditions?

Thanks.

PM austinsdad, he has one that he will sell you. It is used (I have seen it....twice...LOL) but in great shape.

IMO, a Remora is way too small of a skimmer for a 90. They rate them up to a 120, but I would cut that in half. If you have room in the sump, I would suggest an Octopus skimmer and that will cost less than $200.

For macro in the sump I use chaeto, but if you keep a lite on the fuge all the time you can use caulerpa. I just use a pc spotlight from HD to light the fuge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom