Need opinions for 29 gallon tank please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishliker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a planted 29 gallon tank . Have actually written about this before, several months ago. I asked about getting Bolivian Rams but decided to just have 7 honey gourami. So recently they started dying, realized it is bloat and am treating with Kanamycin. Unfortunately I am down to 4 fish in this tank now, 2 honey gourami and
2 cherry barbs which I do not any more of. SO, I am trying to decide between a couple of different fish after the tank is stable again.

1. A pair of Bolivian Rams or

2. A few peacock gudgeons. I would appreciate hearing from those who have experience with either of these, as well as just opinions. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Peacock Gudgeons are great. I would bump up your school of cherries to 6 first though.

Caleb

Cherries don't really need to be in groups like other barbs.

Peacocks are one of my favorite fish and would definitely work with the fish you currently have!

Thanks for the responses. I looked at the gudgeons on uTube and the guy said the male was always chasing the females... Do you find this to be true? When I had a school of cherry barbs, the males were always chasing the females and I didn't lie that.

Thanks for the responses. I looked at the gudgeons on uTube and the guy said the male was always chasing the females... Do you find this to be true? When I had a school of cherry barbs, the males were always chasing the females and I didn't lie that.

If the males are chasing the females you just need a higher female ratio.

Caleb

So for the 29 gallon tank how many females should I get for the one male?

My Bolivian are awesome!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Back
Top Bottom