need plant advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need some ideas for my planted tank. I'm looking for it to be heavly planted. Need some ideas for super fast growing plants to be all planted at one time to avoid alge growth. Need some grass looking to use dwarf weed grass but not sure about some taller plants. I have a empty 75gallon with good substrate and 1.44 watt per gallon 67000k bulbs with a t5ho light fixture. I'm going for a low-tech setup first and see how I like it before I get into hi-tack

I need some ideas for my planted tank. I'm looking for it to be heavly planted. Need some ideas for super fast growing plants to be all planted at one time to avoid alge growth. Need some grass looking to use dwarf weed grass but not sure about some taller plants. I have a empty 75gallon with good substrate and 1.44 watt per gallon 67000k bulbs with a t5ho light fixture. I'm going for a low-tech setup first and see how I like it before I get into hi-tack

Java fern, java moss, crypts, anubias, anacharis, pennywort, hornwort, water wisteria, water sprite, hygros, rotala indica/rotundifolia and swords are all some easy growers and don't need that much care to them. Personally the rotala is my favorite, I love the foilage and the red coloration :)

Java fern, java moss, crypts, anubias, anacharis, pennywort, hornwort, water wisteria, water sprite, hygros, rotala indica/rotundifolia and swords are all some easy growers and don't need that much care to them. Personally the rotala is my favorite, I love the foilage and the red coloration :)

Some of these plants arent really fast growing are they? I thought hornworth was kinda slow. I need stuff that I can get my tank started off quickly to keep my tank planted 85-90% of the substrate blocked.
To avoid alge bloom

Some of these plants arent really fast growing are they? I thought hornworth was kinda slow. I need stuff that I can get my tank started off quickly to keep my tank planted 85-90% of the substrate blocked.
To avoid alge bloom

With some good lighting, and maybe a little bit of Flouish Excel, all plants can grow really fast. :)

it may nto grow really fast,but i highly suggest moneywort. i have some in my 10 and it looks amazing

Plants for Beginners

Java Fern - Asia
Grows well in low light not requiring fertlizer or CO2, easy to grow, attach to rock or driftwood leaving roots loose 

Java Moss* - Vesicularia dubyana - Asia
Good for fry & bettas, requires thinning, grows like crazy 

Water Sprite* - Ceratopteris thalictroides - World Wide
good for fry, plant midground or float 

Water Wisteria* - Hygrophilla difformis - Asia
Fast growing, requires thinning 

Small Leafed Hygro* - Hygrophilla polysperma - Asia
Fast growing, needs trimmed on top and thinned 

Giant Hygro*- one of several Hygrophilla sp. - Asia
Fast growing, plant cuttings for new plant, cut once a month, could take over tank 

Willow Leaf Hygro* - Hygrophilla angustifolia - Asia
Fast growing, excellent for fry, trim top to make it bush out, bruised foilage stinks!!! 

Valisneria or Tape Grass - Valisneria - New World and Africa 

Rotala rotundifolia* - Asia
Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom