Need Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grlunderrainbow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please tell me it's truly aquatic..bought it at an LFS that does stock some "fake" aquarium plants ...but this looked like something I remembered seeing somewhere online and really like..
fingers crossed:
20049137599423490216008.jpg

never seen anything like that. I only know off hand of 2 purple plants: dragons flame, and purple waffle.

It's not purple waffle...I'm pretty sure it's dragon flame Hemigraphis repanda....which is NOT a true aquatic and will definitely rot and foul your water in a very short time frame.

My advice would be to wait and see before taking it out. Like malkore said taking it out would be safest, but it's a really cool looking plant. I unknowingly bought a non-aquatic at walmart, and it's still fine after about 6 months (except for a lot of algae on it).

well crapola

definitely dragon flame..did a search and found great pix.
NOT buying any more plants that I don't know I guess.. woulda been really pretty..
I guess I'll let it sit till I get something to fill the space it's in (that I got rid of some excess of other plants to make)..

It looks somewhat like a variety of Alternanthera (cardinalis or lilacea maybe?) but the leaf shape seems longer and more ruffled or serrated than the pictures I could find on the web. It is a beautiful plant though.

Back
Top Bottom