Need plant ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck. And even only one plug of guppy grass won't look like much in the beginning, it will spread quickly once it's adapted and begins it's growth. Good luck.
I need to find somewhere to get it as tried Amazon but not available and I don't trust eBay. As I'm in the UK

I need to find somewhere to get it as tried Amazon but not available and I don't trust eBay. As I'm in the UK
Try typing a search for it in Google. I know that certain countries have laws about the plants an animals that can be imported. I don't know if you're country has put it on an inhabited list or not. Google is the only suggestion I can think of.

I've tried looking but I'm scared that it's just Gunna be someone's grass from there garden as there's on eBay but really don't know what's best to get. I really like the guppy grass idea and would the java Moss be ok to as I like the look of the moss balls

I've tried looking but I'm scared that it's just Gunna be someone's grass from there garden as there's on eBay but really don't know what's best to get. I really like the guppy grass idea and would the java Moss be ok to as I like the look of the moss balls
Yes. The moss balls would be fine as long as you remember to turn them over everyday so each part gets it's share of light. Go to Google and type in "Companies that sell aquatic plants" and see if you can find guppy grass that way.

Yes. The moss balls would be fine as long as you remember to turn them over everyday so each part gets it's share of light. Go to Google and type in "Companies that sell aquatic plants" and see if you can find guppy grass that way.
I have found a company that sells the plants on line but really hard to find the plants as they use fancy names and I'm a total noob when it comes to plants and names even with fish I'm learning proper names for them. Plus the websites are stating they all require fertalisers and I didn't really want to go down that route. I'm already doing 2water changes per week as I'm slightly over stocked

Here are 3 online places you can try; aquariumgardens.co.uk and java-plants.com and watersidenursery.co.uk

I have found a company that sells the plants on line but really hard to find the plants as they use fancy names and I'm a total noob when it comes to plants and names even with fish I'm learning proper names for them. Plus the websites are stating they all require fertalisers and I didn't really want to go down that route. I'm already doing 2water changes per week as I'm slightly over stocked
They want more money, so of course they will tell you that you need fertilizer. The natural minerals in your water along with nitrates from the fish will be fertilizer plenty to start with. A co2 injection system may be useful on the future but not now.

They want more money, so of course they will tell you that you need fertilizer. The natural minerals in your water along with nitrates from the fish will be fertilizer plenty to start with. A co2 injection system may be useful on the future but not now.
Wow thanks for looking them up for me bud I appreciate that I'll have a look. Are you not in the u.s.a?

Hahaha funny guy lol. Cheers for looking them up tho truly helpful buddy. I'll maybe have a swing in past local fish shop tomorrow

Ah sweet I'm new to having a tank. Never had a planted tank. Got a sand sub 200ltr and just want some nice colour in the tank without using ferts or co2. But unsure of the right stuff to buy online just a bit scared to
We have folks on AA from the UK with Planted tanks

Many plants I’ve obtained were from fellow hobbyists. Also, if there are fish clubs in your area, look for auctions and swap meets.

Many plants I’ve obtained were from fellow hobbyists. Also, if there are fish clubs in your area, look for auctions and swap meets.
Well I'm in Scotland and there's not really any clubs I've heard of and I don't use Facebook or Twitter ect. Hence why I went to online forums. But I'll get a look at some online sites. Just the categories bog me down. Is it a floating plant, carpet plant, beginner plant ect ect

Well I'm in Scotland and there's not really any clubs I've heard of and I don't use Facebook or Twitter ect. Hence why I went to online forums. But I'll get a look at some online sites. Just the categories bog me down. Is it a floating plant, carpet plant, beginner plant ect ect
Remember what I said about the world wide web. Type in "carpet plants" or " floating plants" or whatever category and always type "for aquariums" after you put in the category. You will have s a better chance of finding what you're looking for. The botanical name for guppy grass ls Najas guadallupensis and other common names other than guppy grass, najas grass, and common water nymph.

Back
Top Bottom