Need small internal filter recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwell1295

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking for a small internal filter for my 7gal Minibow and 5.5gal tanks. I've been looking at the Fluval 1 Plus and the Whisper 10i.

Does anyone have a preference or experience with one of these filters....or any other small internal filter? These will be used on Betta tanks. The AC30 and Cascade 80 filters are putting out a little too much current, even when turned down. Actually, the Cascade 80 isn't too bad, but I don't like the filter cartridge they use.

I've not used the Fluval 1 Plus, but I've used the 2 Plus and I currently am using the 4 Plus on my turtle tank. I love the fluvals. I have a whisper internal filter and the flow isn't very good on it. I'd like more.

If I had to chose, I'd go with the Fluval.

I don't like the Whisper internal filters - the media isn't great. I considered the Hagen internal filters too but ended up getting the Duetto 50 for a 5.5 gallon.

I'm supplementing the sponge filter with the Duetto, but I probably will put rasboras in there. If you just have a betta, a sponge filter will be fine. I have used a Jungle Jr. Dirt Magnet sponge filter and an Azoo Bio-Filter 11. You can use a gang valve to regulate the air coming from the pump so that the current isn't strong.

It's for a Betta a 4 neon tetras. I was even thinking of getting one of those small Azoo HOBs, but if I do that, then I may as well go ahead and get a AC Mini.

Back
Top Bottom