Need some help with this plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevinM

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at walmart tonight and figured I would check out the fish isle. Well they had this one plant marked down to almost nothing cause it wouldnt fit in their tank the lady said.. Well I thought it looked kinda different from my other plants so I bought it. Now, 4 hours later.. I Cant find what it is lol :banghead::banghead:

Im thinking its some kind of fern maybe with the leaves laid out like that? its pretty tall too, single stem, with the leaves on top.

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 79
Your New Plant

I was at walmart tonight and figured I would check out the fish isle. Well they had this one plant marked down to almost nothing cause it wouldnt fit in their tank the lady said.. Well I thought it looked kinda different from my other plants so I bought it. Now, 4 hours later.. I Cant find what it is lol :banghead::banghead:

Im thinking its some kind of fern maybe with the leaves laid out like that? its pretty tall too, single stem, with the leaves on top.

Hello Kev...

The reason you can't identify your new plant, is because it's probably not an aquatic plant. Some of the plants sold by WalMart and some of the LFSs are land plants and don't live long under water. Some land plants will live with the roots under the water, but the leaves have to be exposed to the air or they drown.

Time will tell. Good luck.

B

It's a small palm. I have a bunch in a pot. They are not aquatic but do like moist soil if you move it to a pot.

thanks everyone. I try not to buy any thing like this from Walmart but for 50 cents it was worth the gamble hehe.. Ill find a small pot and plant it behind one of my betta tanks =D

Back
Top Bottom