Need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dinodu

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyones, new here.

Ok here i go, i have 30g that is running for about 5 years, after moving 2 times in 3 month i start losing everything there, now that i dont have anything there im starting again.

Since everything was running even that was just rock i do a change about 25% and test and all was fine the buy 1 ocelaris and 1 diamond goby after one day the ammonia just go to 8.0 and yes i do like 5 thinking thats anormal.

Now i have week and after do test 2 times a day every day now is showing 4.0

The ocelaris and the goby still alive but today i buy one african raz and is gone 2 crap and gone.

Please can someone help me here to see whats goin on?

Another test
Ph is 7.8
Nitite 0
Nitrate 5 to 10
Phosphate 0
Kh 125.3

Looks like you're cycled but raise that pH a bit, effects algal growth, nutrient uptake. Get a buffer and just add until you're close to 8.2

Sorry. Miss read. But you do need a PH buffer. I use instant ocean marine stabilizer.

Yea wow that was a huge mistake. My apologizes. Everything except PH and Ammonia are good.

you don't need a ph buffer. just increase surface agitation. aim a power head towards the surface and you should see a change.

when you move a tank you stir everything up, which causes a mini cycle, or in your case a large cycle. don't buy any more livestock until the cycle is over. this may take weeks.
how do you move this tank and is this an ongoing thing, or is it going to be staying where it is now?

Thanks to all, mr_x, no im not moving every months, that was 2 years ago and i hope never move again... lol

I will do that with the ph but what about the ammonia that is giving those number?

if you have livestock in the tank i would be doing large water changes to get the ammonia out. if you do not, i would just let the tank cycle.

I do 3 change day 1 , 7, 14 of 25% , i think is what u say just let the tank run

Ok, the ammonia still there no move, now i will move to a custom tank with 45 gal. Now my question is how to move to the new tank?

I think part of my ammonia problems are in the sand?? What do you think??

What i was thinking to move was moving part of the water like 25 gal and 20 new, all the rock, and new sand, sending my fish to the pet shop...

How is the best way???

Thanks for ur help and sorry about my english, is not my primary..

it's quite probable that the sand is causing the spike. i would do like you said- transfer the rock and water over and then top off with new salt water, and discard the sand. replace it with new sand or at least wash it out thoroughly.

Thanks for use ur time to help, next week i will take pics and bring some update hopefully i will get all good.

New water, new sand and new tank and ne cicle i hope loose some issues.

Thanks !!!

Well still the ammonia, bit better "like 4." lol
But the wrasse now wake up and dont die the diamond is working and the clown is dancing.

I was thinking the wrasse was going to die so to avoid he get on the rock i set a small aquarium that i have and leaved there for another 2 days and walaaa!!! He was on coma lol.

Im just getting crazy with this ammonia.

Ok good news, 2 days and the ammonia is 0... Other test
Phosp = 0
ph =8.2
nitrite almost .25
Nitrate 10
Kh 8 drops

Attachments

• image-4167890403.jpg
    image-4167890403.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 79
Well he past away... :( after all the fight, almost 2 week up-downd just die..

Attachments

• image-2566476132.jpg
    image-2566476132.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 90
Sorry about your fish.....good effort though.

I lost a fish this morning too and so did another forum member. thats 3 people so far today.....

Thanks, he went over 2 week with ammonia over 4-8 and in bad conditions he just got better and back to live, the he jump over the over flow 1,2, and 3 time and in the last one was the one that he doesnt handle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom