Need some input

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bear5800

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 90gallon tank when to petco for a canister filter so many to pick from which ones are good are rena one of the best need help picking one please

I think canister filters are often a matter of preference--which ones are easier to prime and open/close. When I was researching canisters, I remember rena filstars were recommended as being good for their price--plus they have a wonderful set-up video on youtube. I purchased a Penn Plax Cascade 1000 because of price and the priming button. I liked it so well I purchased another! In setting up a 125 gallon I acquired 2 Fluval 405's and have as yet not been able to get them primed, etc. I have broken two of the parts over the impeller just cleaning it and one clamp. But other people have no problem with them. Many people here also recommend the Eihem,,,Have fun making your choice. Compare features and gph.

The new Flubal 06 series (106,206,306,406) are great to prime. I have a 304 for my 55gal, but just picked up a 106 for my 20L and if the 304 ever breaks down it will be the excuse I need to upgrade to a 406.

In another post, member maxwellag mentioned Aquatop canister filters, which feature a built in UV Sterilizeer. I have no personal experience with them, but they certainly look like a good buy. I found them on Buy.com and you can search YouTube for Aquatop CF Series for a video from the company.

In Edit:
Earn Cash Back at stores you ?

Back
Top Bottom