need some quick advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, got an angelfish juvi that's getting badly nipped by either my elephant nose or my Sailfin Molly. I have a new tank on order which will be with me in 3wks. I'm concerned her anal fin is getting really short & her dorsal I have a spare 18 gallon tank sitting but it isn't cycled could I put her in their until her tank comes & do large partial changes daily? Don't want too lose her, I can also take some off my filters from my cycled tank & pop them in. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

I think that would be fine with a cycled filter and use as much of the water from the tank he/she is in, does it have a spare heater? And a test kit would really help?

Sorry I meant putting in filter floss from my cycled tank. Yes it has a heater & I have a API test kit. Just need to do something can't watch her getting nipped. Going too add plants from my cycled tank too, will I need substrate in the tank with her? Thanks for getting back quickly :)

Do you have a filter for it? And everything else sounds good and now unless it's a fish that likes digging or sifting the substrate is just decoration :)

Yep have a filter, that's fine I,ll just drop some live plants in their. Thanks again

Ok, old media in a new filter will be fine and yea plants will help it feel secure and help the bio filter. All you need to do now is keep testing and do PWC when necessary and if you have any I would use aquarium salt to help with the healing but clean water is ok it just takes a bit longer. Your welcome, good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom