Need stocking help for a 29g Biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lazygecko

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to the hobby and have been reading up on everything I need to do/buy for the past several months. I have recently ordered everything I need to get started except for the fish/corals/liverock, but I already have baserock I believe I am going to start with. Once my tank cycles I want to VERY slowly add 4 or 5 fish total. I am just not sure which ones I should get, as I am needing help in this area. I like to have a plan for everything, so I would like to make my list up well in advance and stick to it the best that I can. The following fish are the ones that interest me/I really like the colors etc. I just need to know which ones work best together and why.
-Ocellaris Clownfish
-Catalina Goby
-Yellowtail Damselfish
-Orchid Dottyback
-Purple Firefish
-Bicolor Dottyback
-Royal Gramma Basslet

I am wanting to add soft corals eventually also. I am going to stick with the stock lights for now so I will only be getting softies. Let me know if you have any advice on a CUC also as there are so many different opinions/options and I would like to know how many I need to get for my tank and why. I would also like to get some kind of shrimp as they are helpful for your aquarium but I am not sure which one is most beneficial for my tank and the best looking. I would like any advice that I can get. Thanks in advance!

Any fish on your list will work and can't see a compatibility problem. No to the Catalina goby unless you go cold water and keep your tank at 55 to 65 degrees.

I agree about the cold water goby. Me personally I like.

Cardinals
Clowns
6 line
Orange spotted goby paired with a pistol shrimp
Fire fish

I LOVE my harliquen shrimp also.

You have some great choices though. It's all about what peaks your interest and what you want to look at for hopefully a great while.

I would recommend. NOT getting any damsels. They are feisty little sons of guns. Very mean. I personally like chromis because of the change of scale color.

Back
Top Bottom