Need suggestions for tank upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tnice17

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently i have a 20gal long tank that has been going great for 4 months now and i would like upgrade tanks.

i have two Aqueon 10 filters (200 GPH combined)
-5 apple snails
-1 blue crayfish/lobster
-3 baby ciclids
-
1 black banded leporinus

i would like to get a 29 gal tank, would you guys agree? Can i go i go bigger than 29? ( get a size tank closest to my hood dimensions. i would cut plexiglass to take up the extra space around the hood)

im open to any suggestions.

Tom

me too mark lol, not sure about many tanks that have the same footprint as a 20 long or a 29 and whatnot

my apologizes, its a 20gal Long tank.

ill edit my post

You could also get a 37 gal tank. It is the same footprint just much taller. I have one and I love it. It is great for a community fish tank where you chose fish that live in a bottom, middle, and top strata of the tank.

I use the 20L designation for a 20g long tank. Most people here don't use liters and when they do, the put the "r" at the end of the word where it belongs. :p

I've done the 20L to 29g upgrade. Unless you get the 29g for cheap or free, it's not really worth it. Save your cash and upgrade to an even larger tank. That banded leporinus will definitely outgrow a 29g and chances are the cichlids will too.

thanks for the suggestions everyone!

i have a good friend that works at Petco so he was able to discount me everything i need.

i decided to keep my 20L and go saltwater :D

tank is going through its process now, so wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom