need urgent help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harriet

Aquarium Advice Regular
my cories are getting sick and i don’t know what it is i posted previously about one of my cories barbels looking shredded but now it’s spreading to all of them and is affecting their fins too they look like tiny little worms hanging on and i think they are eating the one cories barbels somehow i got a picture as best as i could but i just need help urgently please i don’t want to lose them i’ve been doing daily water changes since i saw the one cories barbels but it’s still spreading and i don’t have a cycled quarantine tank and i don’t get how your supposed to use meds and keep a quarantine tank cycled at the same time cause it’s not cycled cause of fin rot medication, please help, the photo attached is my cories tail fin which didn’t have a curve in before the things appeared

Attachments

• 1AF38ABB-A6A7-4504-A363-4FB29A3CD412.jpeg
    1AF38ABB-A6A7-4504-A363-4FB29A3CD412.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 24
they’re all over all her fins and she’s not swimming anymore

they are also all over her gills too please help me i don’t want her to die and don’t want it to spread

i thought at first it could be anchor worms cause they looked like worms but i don’t think they are anymore because anchor worms look larger and and seem to cause an open wound, i also found a case of a cory with ich that had these too, she is swimming around again and i have started seeing white spots on some of my fish so at this point i think it must be ich, also most people say not to use salt for cories cause they have no scales?

Not real salt, something like API aquarium salt that promotes fish health and disease recovery.

Back
Top Bottom