Wanted: *Needing plants* view

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone,
I've just finished finished building my tank, the 40g apistogramma build. I'm ready for my list of flora. Stems, trimmings anything on the list, I would be grateful for. I am a college student, I can purchase some plants but I'm really on the generosity of the members here:). I'll update the list as I et the plants:

Anubias coffee folia
Anubias broad leaf
Anubias afzelli
Staurogyne repens
Monte Carlo
Blyxa japonica
Ammania bonsai
Red tiger lotus X1
Pogostemon helferi
Crypt parva
RotalA wallachi
Alternanthera reineckii
Limnophilia aromatica
Pogostemon erectus
Potamogeton gayi

Thank you so much. Just pm me or reply to the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Try messaging Ziggy. I know he has some monte carlo that he trims a lot along with some other plants and I bet he'd be willing to send you some.

Visit plantdrafts I think they have a lot of those. I met the owner on TPT and she has responded to all of my questions. I'm about to place an order from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Another idea is to go to your local shops and see if they have any small stems/leaves floating on their tanks, most all places will give them to you for free(since they throw them out!)....

I did something risky and went to several lakes and ponds in my area and collected several aquatic plants and quarantined them for a while(I used alum, it kills fish/bugs/inverts)....

Here is my updated list of plants needed as of today :)!
Anubias Broad Leaf
Anubias coffee folia
Blyxa Japonica
Ammania Bonsai
Red Tiger Lotus
Crypt parva
Limnophilia aromatica
Pogostemon erectus
Potamogeton Gayi

Back
Top Bottom