Neon tetra?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macz

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 neons that have been doing well for a while.. The one seems to be swimming sorta on a angle.. Physically looks ok still eating...tested tank everything within spec.at night it seems normal and just hangs with the other tetra. It sorta been swimming like on that kinda angle.. Ph is a ill high 7.5 kh is 240 I just moved them to a 5 gallon it sat for 2 weeks but it was swimming that way in the other tank.

image-1715847196.jpg

What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels?

What temperature is the tank?

What else is in the tank, and for how long?

How long has the tank been set up?

They seems to be at 0 temp 75 I have a heater.. 3 aquatic frogs and 2 tetras... I'll just keep testing and keep an eye out for now.

Do u think its swim bladder.. It sorta swims to the top poking its head outta the tank. hope it's not a parasite can't really see anything on its body...

Could be stress, neons need to be in schools! Probably would be much happier with 5+ more friends:)

Also a 5g is really too small for them. If you got a 10g and a few more neons that would be better.

Certainly a 5 gallon tank is not ideal, nor is having just 2 - though I don't think that would be enough to cause unnecessary stress. It is less than optimal, but I have kept 2-3 neons for long periods in 5 gallon tanks with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom