Neon Tetras disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illuzion7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Soo I had 17 yesterday and 12 today. I looked everywhere, nothing. The only place I didn't check was my canister. I have a 55g and it is only 220gph, so I don't think they would have been sucked up but thought I would see if this has happened to anyone?

Did you check around the tank or under decor in the tank?
Also what's the rest of your stock.

I did and recounted after, nothing. That is all I have in there, they are all by themselves.

Can they fit through the filter tube?
Tank covered? I have found fish dried up on the floor.
And yes, what is your stock?

tank is covered no gaps(very very small for intake and exhaust) They are small, MAYBE small enough for intake, but it isn't very strong. Unless they would purposely just swim into it?

If they can fit through it, what's to say they didn't swim into it and or got sucked up?

ugh, 5 in less than 12 hours is just crazy. They have been in the tank about a week now. Guess I need a filter cover now.

You can put a piece of sponge filter media at the end of the intake.

let's say they did swim into the canister, should I break it open and clean it out or will it be ok to wait for the monthly clean out?

One saved.. 4 lost. The lone survivor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1390367291264.jpg
    1390367291264.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 57
yes, BUT at least the one made it..and the problem is fixed. found a good mesh and a zip tie.

Back
Top Bottom