neon tetras keeps dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joker69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i recently introduced my neons to a bigger tank with glow light tetras. it has been 5 days now and every day 1 neon dies 4 already died and 1 glow light. is it because that i put them all at once in the tank or because that i have a new filter installed. i heard that u should leave the tank for a week with the new filter without the fishes... dont ask me why. i do water changes and everyting so i dont know. please help i dont want to loose ant more fish. :banghead:

Are you able to test your water?
Do you know what the amonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels are?

I'm geussing your tank has not cycled yet, do you know? Hang on a second I'll find a link...

Neons die a lot, in the beginning. I can't tell you how many I have bought and most have died. They are cheap fish that generally IMO aren't cared for very well. I finally have a group of 7 after 3 separate purchases. My levels are good I have kept much more difficult fish, these aren't hard they just die a lot.

thanks for the suggestions. i think it is because of the uncycled tank because the neons was in good shape in the smaller tank

Back
Top Bottom