Nerite Snails and Tiger Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HappyFit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do they get along? I have 17 tiger barbs (regular, albino, and green) I'm starting to get brown algae on my anubias, wisteria, and aquarium glass, so I need an algae eating crew. Thanks for the input!

I have mystery snails in my tiger barb tank and they don't pay any attention to the snails at all. My angelfish on the other hand have a taste for escargot.

i think you should be okay. i have them in with my figure 8 puffer... nerites have very strong shells and don't expose much of a foot. id say go for it!

I bought 2-no attempts to eat. Just occasional poking. Do you have a planted tank? Do your mystery snails eat your plants? I specifically got nerite snails cause they don't eat plants.

My mystery snails only eat the dead plant material. The will clean the algae off the good leaves but have never seen any damage from the snails. Can't say the same for my rosy barbs. They tear plants up

Barbs destroyed my tank. I had cherry, ruby, spanner T, gold, and some other kind in my 125... it went from heaviliy planted to stems in a month. That said, brown algae (diatoms) will go away on it's own. No need to get something for a problem that'll soon be gone anyways.

My Rosy barbs only pay attention to my mystery snails when there's an excess of algae growing on their shells - it's pretty funny to watch them groom the snail.

Sorry to hear that. My tiger barbs occasionally poke the plants or scratch (hope it's not ich) but they don't get destroyed. I've never had your species of barb, so I would not know. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom