Nervous about using flourish excel again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_al01

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last time i was using flourish excel i used it for about a week and then all of a sudden all of my fish died! I dont know if that caused it for sure or what! But if you guys know of any other plant foods that are 100% safe please tell me! ( i know flourish excel isnt technically a plant food) thanks!

Last time i was using flourish excel i used it for about a week and then all of a sudden all of my fish died! I dont know if that caused it for sure or what! But if you guys know of any other plant foods that are 100% safe please tell me! ( i know flourish excel isnt technically a plant food) thanks!

If all of your fish died at once, it's chemical and not necessarily the excel. Please let us know how large your tank is, what dechlor you use, how much excel you use.

My first thought when fish die suddenly is the dechlor is not added to the tap water. Or the municipal water has flushed their systems with extra chlorine and chloramine which overwhelms the dechlor.

10 gallon planted tank with some rocks! And it was running for about 3 months or longer before I started using the Excel and I didn't add any new decoration at all!

10 gallon planted tank with some rocks! And it was running for about 3 months or longer before I started using the Excel and I didn't add any new decoration at all!

You may have overdosed excel accidentally, or as I mentioned before, you forgot to add dechlorinator in your last water change, or there was too much chlorine in the water for your dechlor to work.

Back
Top Bottom