New 10 gal owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMTtony

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am on my first aquarium, it's a 10 gal from the local Petsmart. I have had it up and running for about 3 months now. I have 4 neon tetras, 4 guppies, 1 white molly, and 1 that I bought tonight (can't remember name). I have 1 live plant, and 2 monuments powered by a 10 gal air pump. I had some issues at first, but now all my levels are doing fine. My biggest issue now is snails. I must have close to a hundred of them. But the fish I purchased today feeds on them. Now I'm itching to go to a bigger tank. I never though I would be into aquariums so much.

I'll try to get a pic later tonigh of the snail eater, and post it.Thanks for the welcome.

I hope it isn't a clown loach, and if it is then it is definitely going to outgrow your tank. I would give it back or give it to someone with a bigger tank. Good luck with your new extremely addicting hobby! I know I'm a lawn mowing teen who spends all of his money on his 2 saltwater and freshwater aquariums. That's how addicting it really is!!

well, lets see.....i hope it isnt a clown loach either and definetly get a pic

but i have 10gal, 3 gal, 3 1 gals for bettas, and a spare 10 gallon with everything that i'm soon going to put together :D

yeah, MTS is BAD.. i have a 55 gallon, a 5 gallon and a 10 gallon,but the only one i have up and running is the 55 becuase i spent so much $ on it, i don't have the cash to buy teh stuff i need for the other to. Like i need a hood and light for the 10 gall, but i want it to be planted, so i gotta buy a good one... and i had a 5 gallon, but my mother-in-law "Lost it in the move" with all my stuff, and my Grandma had some renters move out and they ahd a 5 gallon, but it doesn't have anything with it, not even a light! So im debating on keeping it, orjust buying a 5 gallon kit ( i want it for a beta fish :)

Anyway, im thinking dwarf puffer tank for my 10 gallon.. LOL, its amazing how addictive this can get.

Back
Top Bottom