New 10g shrimp tank ready to go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tate

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently set up an old 10g tank suited for shrimp. I threw in some media from my cycled 20g tank and was soon going to add some blue velvet shrimp and want to make sure water is sustainable for the invertebrates.
Parameters:
PH: 6.6-7.0
GH: 1
KH: 3
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate/Nitrite: 0
Any issues with this setup? Some taiwan moss will be added once it arrives.
Feeding will be sinking pellets and frozen peas.

Attachments

• 1423076156758.jpg
    1423076156758.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 48
More plants. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423079302.005378.jpg

Offer a variety of foods. I give several Shrimp diets.
Organic veggies and greens as well as Color flakes.

Mine love Indian Almond Leaves also.

Good luck ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I currently have shrimp in 5 tanks and one thing I've found they love is floating plants! Depending on the tank I'm using pennywort, dwarf water lettuce, and water spangles.

Good luck, shrimp are addictive (y)

Forgot to add: I've never done rocks with my shrimp. I have a nano tree with my red rili....they also like-and benefit from-cholla wood and indian almond bark.

Would ya look at that! Shipment arrived today with a bonus of frogbit. How do you make one of these nano trees? Could I cut some existing driftwood into shape and add moss onto it?

Would ya look at that! Shipment arrived today with a bonus of frogbit. How do you make one of these nano trees? Could I cut some existing driftwood into shape and add moss onto it?

Mine is in a 4g so I had to go small. I ordered one from Bob's and still had to trim bits off. I first tried tying willow moss to it but apparently all aquarium mosses and I are enemies so I ended up just tucking rajas grass around it.

Here's an in progress pic of the tank so you can see the tree:

img_3152833_0_2bce503d85493f61f03777aea89c1519.jpg

Back
Top Bottom