New 119 gallon subtropical fish tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
New 119 gallon 465 litre set up.

This tank will house subtropical fish and eventually only coldwater

Current stock

2 Black Moors (male)
1 Calico fantail (female)
1 gold fantail (unknown suspected female (fingers crossed) under a year old)

2variatus platys (same gender had a year no babies)
4 cloud miniows (3females 1male)
2Danios (1male 1female)

Using all old cycled filters at mo. Till I can get another canister filter.

Will eventually run my old cycled canister and another large lphr canister filter and my cycled internal pf2 filter for aeration and water surface beakage .

Filters I'm using at mo.

Eheim Classic 350 external canister
2× Eheim 2012 pick ups
Interpret PF2

Also has two bubble pumps

I have decided I eventually would like a fancy goldfish only tank. So am going to let my temperate fish live out their lifespan and not replace or up their numbers. Please let me know if this is cruel to the schooling fish. But if I up their schools I'll have these fish for ever.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here are some pictures. I plan on getting new lights and new ornaments and a low solid table build for it eventually. But wanted to get fish in the new tank asap.

Took a side view so you get a sense of size. Its almost as big as my small sofa. Its like an indoor pond. I had this tank custom made 4ft x2ft x2ft. But I didn't realise it would be this big. I love it as do my fish.

Attachments

• 1417132803755.jpg
    1417132803755.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 1417132818746.jpg
    1417132818746.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 82
  • 1417132834171.jpg
    1417132834171.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 68
Uped my danio school to 5

Or you can return the fish you do not want to a lfs. They would take them as they are easy fish to re-sell and then you have the coldwater tank you wanted. Its huge, but awesome! Are you going to get a stand for it or do you plan on keeping it on the floor?

Hi I've decided for now to keep danios at 5 ( my 2 are happy with the 3 new friends). Minnows at 4, danios and minnows seem to school together. So that's quite good. Once my platys have lived out life span I wont replace. I think I will fade out the minnows as I find Danios more interesting. And then I'll just have Goldies and Danios. Plus Danios are bigger less risk when Goldies get bigger of being accident lunch. I'm going to keep my Goldies at 4 for now. And only add another if my baby the newest goldfish i have turns out to be a boy. She is looking good to be a girl though.

My tank is custom made. So will be hard to find a standard cabinet. I have contacted a company who do solid wood tables and fish tank stands. I think a low solid wood table would be good. Although I don't mind it being on the floor its so big feels like an indoor tankpond

With my stock as it is

4 fancies
4minnows
5danios
2variatus platys

I think I can add only 2 more fancies and that would be me fully stocked.

Back
Top Bottom