new 180 set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pnut52

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK I found the 180 gallon tank I have been looking for. I going to pick it up as soon as its ready. All that will be in the tank is a new cat shark and my lion fish. What light system would be recommended and protein skimmer also would a UV strelizer be reccomended if so which one?

Pnut52 said:
Well I guess no help on this one.

I can't help you brother but sometimes it takes time for a response. The people here are very knowledgable. Just have some patience they'll come along and help. This is a great site.

Good luck.

Check the tank out, I mean go up to it and look at every inch of it to make sure there are no huge scratches inside or out. I don't think you need a skimmer for a FOWLR or FO tank. Lighting is up to you, again if no coral, then you probably don't need MH or LEDs, look at tanks you like and then see what lighting they have. I have AI Sols, and love them, but I have a reef tank. Can't wait to see the 180, I have one on order (well 197, but basically 180 just taller).

you definately need a skimmer on a system that size,go with one rated at around 240g,octopus are good.As for lights its up to you as your not getting corals,I presume you are putting Live rock in?sump?

Ok so drove down and picked the tank up this morning all glass was in perfect shape very nice stand. I have it up and running water now. It came with the pro clear aquatics 400 sump any one running this system if so how do u like it? What kind of current pusher would be recommended it came with one but I have no idea what kind or size but it hardly moves much water. Still don't have a protein skimmer but have a set of lights on order should be here Wednesday. Also the tank will have about 125 pounds of live rock and 80 to 100 pounds of base rock does that sound like enough? Thanks you all for the info so far.

Back
Top Bottom