New 20L tank how about some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thras

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I'm about to get a new tank and start cycling it and never really tried spawning any fish but may want to later I'm looking at getting some Apistogramma cacatuoides and have a old filter from my discus tank that is a fluval 205 canister filter or should I just go with a couple of sponge filters? Do u think if they where to ever produce fry the canister filter would suck them up? And I have tried plants before and they turn out ugly any advice on plants?

The foam filters would be better for fry. The apisto like lots of plants and caves etc. A 20 long is pretty easy to grow low light plants in. Plastic works too, fish do not care.

I use sponge filters for my breeder fry tanks. As far as plants the only thing I grow well is algae. I personally don't have any experience with apisto's so I can't comment on those but maybe someone else will chime in about them and plants. Good luck.

These are the sponges I use in my three 20g long fry tanks. They hold up and perform really well.

Hydro Sponge Filter > III

Ok yea them are some of the same sponges I use to have with a 20gal high tank i had a long time ago

HUKIT said:
. As far as plants the only thing I grow well is algae.

These are the sponges I use in my three 20g long fry tanks. They hold up and perform really well.

That's about the same for me never been good with plants I tried once killed them and they looked super bad in my tank

Back
Top Bottom