New 28 litre aquastart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok guys, I've had this tank for over a year now and I figured I should finally set it up!

Now I know with the size of the tank that my options will be limited but I want to explore the nano tank side of fish keeping before I set up my 75gal in a few months time.

So, besides the traditional betta, what fish could I stock?

Smaller fish like guppies and tetras but no larger than 2 inches if you want to have a decent size school. If you want a soloist gourami's are a good choice, but if you just want to dip you toe in the water start with something like snails or shrimp.

Smaller fish like guppies and tetras but no larger than 2 inches if you want to have a decent size school. If you want a soloist gourami's are a good choice, but if you just want to dip you toe in the water start with something like snails or shrimp.

Guppies and tetra are too active for a 28litre tank...

An I don't know of a gourami that I would be comfortable keeping in a 28litre either.

Shrimp may be fun but I prefer fish to inverts right now.

pygmy-gourami-lg.jpg

sparkling-gourami.htm

These guys do fine in any aquarium larger than 5 gallons and are not very active.

Back
Top Bottom