New 29 Gal., what fish next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Geoff

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, new here! Have a fairly new 29 Gal tank (2mos). Currently have:

5 zebra danios
3 male guppies
2 potbelly mollies
1 angelfish
2 mystery snails

Tank is mostly fake plants, and two live plants.

So far everything has been running fairly smooth.
Just wondering what other fish u guys think would make a good addition to the tank? Let me know, would like to here your opinions.

- Dr. Geoff

How about a dwarf gourami ? If you do make sure there is not a noticeable size difference .

Thought about that! Was worried that it might create some conflict with the angel???

you don't have any fish that would tend to stay at the bottom so maybe a couple of cories, they're a great cleaning crew

JokerWx13 said:
you don't have any fish that would tend to stay at the bottom so maybe a couple of cories, they're a great cleaning crew

+1 or kuhli loaches:)

Hi, not sure what your set up is. How much skimming is going on? What are the tank stats? Rule of thumb 1 critter per gallon. I would say too many fish but that depends on your stats and how much skimmimg you are doing. What type of angel fish have you got? Also you don't mention the amount of live rock in the set up. Personally I would wait a few months to see how the tank settles down before adding any more fish. Good luck Gary

GMP said:
Hi, not sure what your set up is. How much skimming is going on? What are the tank stats? Rule of thumb 1 critter per gallon. I would say too many fish but that depends on your stats and how much skimmimg you are doing. What type of angel fish have you got? Also you don't mention the amount of live rock in the set up. Personally I would wait a few months to see how the tank settles down before adding any more fish. Good luck Gary

Lol. This is a freshwater setup

Yeah, wasn't sure what he meant by live rock.... Thought that was only in marine tanks. Thanks for advice guys! What about a school of tetras???

Back
Top Bottom