New 300 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stock update in the 300.
Dogface puffer
Narrow lines puffer
Spotted grouper
Niger trigger
Lunare wrasse
Koran angel
Shark egg

Left in the 150:
Miniatus grouper
Zebra eel

I figured if let the shark egg hatch and grow some before putting the eel and miniatus in there. They could make dinner out of the baby shark.

I hope to get video, that would be awesome!! The lfs said it's about 3-4 weeks away from hatching based on their experience with them. Looking forward to that day!

Got the hood and two of the five metal halides going. There is no way I'm going with the rest. The two are plenty. I've never used halides before and can't believe how bright they are. They're 400 watts each. Now I just need to finish the stand.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387744870.509407.jpg

Got the hood and two of the five metal halides going. There is no way I'm going with the rest. The two are plenty. I've never used halides before and can't believe how bright they are. They're 400 watts each. Now I just need to finish the stand.

What type of metal halides?

I have no idea. Here's a pic of the light and one of the ballasts?? I have no idea what it's called.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387748909.264065.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387748934.471890.jpg

Liveaquaria.com says 189 gallons. But from the videos I've seen of them, I would put it larger than that.

Liveaquaria.com says 189 gallons. But from the videos I've seen of them, I would put it larger than that.

DARNIT!!! Im gonna be setting up a 125-150 soon and really wanted to have my own "shark" lol. But doesnt everyone? Lol. It isnt a dream for your though, its a reality!

I'm hoping so. Sharks are finicky from what I've read, so hoping all goes well. There are a lot if cool fish that can go into a 125 or 150 too.

Well I finally got a good look at the shark. It looks to be about 40-50 days is all. Looks like it will take a couple months as opposed to the one month I was told. No worries though. I decided to put him in the 150 and move the miniatus grouper, zebra eel, and lionfish into the 300. Not fair for them to have to wait I figured. The 150 is now a shark tank. Well maybe just a shark egg tank.

No, it's wiggling around in there. Tried to post video, but it won't let me.

Back
Top Bottom