New 35 gal setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi!

This is my first post here so i just want to send my thanks in advance to everyone who may take the time to help me.

Last week i started my 35 gal freshawater aquarium and here what it looks like now:

20160307_111058[1].jpg

As you can see it is somewhat sterile for now. I have a fluval 206 canister filter rated for a 45 gal aquarium and the substrate i have in there is pretty big.

So my question is, i wanted to have maybe one big fish or a small school of fish (around 3 maybe) that could be happy in that kind of environnement. Of course i will add some decor but my main concern was: is it possible to keep only a few middle sized fish in this tank, and if so what would you recommend?

My first plan was to have 3 piranahs but it is now out of question since my tank is way too small for that...

Also excuse my english as i am french :facepalm:

Thank you all!

Nice setup. Even without fish in there it looks good :)

If I was stocking that tank I would start off with these favorites of mine and add a small shoal of tetras and maybe a few corys.

1 x Paradise fish
2 x Electric Blue Rams
3 x Polka Dot Loaches (these are great fun to watch)
7 x Neon Tetras

May need wait for a few weeks before adding the rams to let the tank mature a bit first.

I'm sure others will be along shortly to give their suggestions.

If you choose to do loaches, I would go with zebra loaches instead of polkadot, and get at least 5. Polka-dot laches should have at least a 4 foot tank IMO, they get a little large. And all botias need groups, the more the better, as they are highly social.

Back
Top Bottom