New 350D Tang Pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got the Canon Rebel XT 350D and thought I would share a few pics. Touch ups were done in PS CS.

ef2ff1e4.jpg

ef2fbb12.jpg

Why did you get a 350D? Backup or you just trying something else?

Nice pics. I can really see the benefit of a flash now. Great detail on the bottom tang. his mouth has what looks like little teeth.

those are the most incredibly detailed pics I have ever seen! very nice....you must enter them into the constest, please, please. They should also be in the calendar for sure!

good job.

I'm a new rebel owner too. I'm curious about what kind of lens you used for those pics, plus your settings. do tell!!!

I have a bowfront and am finding it hard to get reflection-free pics.

Nice Job David, Great job, I'm also interested in what lens you used.

These seem a bit over sharpened on my monitor.

Great pics Dave. When will you be starting the new forum on Aquarium pictures

Hey thanks for all the comments everyone!!

First off Kevin (RR) is the real photographer! Have you seen his work?

http://www.naturecoastphotography.com/store/index.php

The lens I am using is the standard kit lens which is 18-55mm canon lens. For these pics I just used the sports setting of the camera. You gotta love the XT. ;)

Oh and Kevinm I was waiting on your reply, I knew you could show me some ways to improve. I do think the Naso was oversharpened. What do you suggest?

Also this camera is just a new one I bought, and the other I had was just old and couldnt do much. I have not begin to tap into what this camera can do and for the price it cannont be beat IMO.

I'll post some more in a bit. :)

OH also I love to take pics and people enjoy them, thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes it worth it. Yes, I am a hound for attention.

Oh and Kevinm I was waiting on your reply, I knew you could show me some ways to improve. I do think the Naso was oversharpened. What do you suggest?

It's hard to say, I'm using a VERY sharp monitor, sometimes I think it's over sharpened, but the prints match the pic on screen, so I'm pretty sure it's OK. Just be mindful when your editing that the majority of people would rather see a slightly soft pic than an oversharpened pic.

Great photos :D To me the images look well detailed without being too sharp. As long as you don’t artificially sharpen the images in PSCS (which I also use) and only adjust levels as needed to compensate for lighting you should be fine. Especially with 8 mega pixels to play with ;)

I was more surprised you got such great depth of field considering you used the “sports setting” and not a macro shot.

As long as you don’t artificially sharpen the images in PSCS (which I also use) and only adjust levels as needed to compensate for lighting you should be fine.

Actually, every digital image benefits from a degree of sharpening, the trick is not to oversharpen, Pixels are square, the subjects of our images typically are not, so the camera has an antialiasing filter in front of the sensor which blurs the image, to prevent jagged lines, this necessitates sharpening in a photo editor to bring back the original sharpness of the image. Since getting a very good monitor I've noticed most people oversharpen their images, myself included. The consumer level CRT monitors simply are too soft with very low contrast so if you edit on one, you don't notice it. I imagine for the majority of people on this site those pics are fine.

Man, I have the same camera and you make my pics look so sucky lol
Guess I'll try out the sports mode tonight and see what I can get...

Back
Top Bottom