New 350L(92G) African tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cezza44

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yo all, finally got my tank near complete.
It's been running for a couple of months now, it has a Fluval 406 and a Fluval G3 as filtration.

My stock is:
4x Bistlenose Catfish
Neolamprologus leleupi
4 Peacock (Red, Blue, Albino and Yellow)
Melanochromis Maingano/Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos
N. Venustus
Pseudotropheus hongi
Haplochromis species #44 "thickskin”
3x Labidochromis caeruleus ‘electric yellow’
Dimidiochromis compressiceps
Pseudotropheus demasoni
Cyphotilapia Frontosa “7 Stripe Frontosa”
Protomelas taeniolatus “Red Empress”

I am expecting to lose a couple due to the aggression and potential incompatibility of some, but so far everyone except the Maingano have been pretty chill.

Any advice? I am unsure if I should stock it a bit further or not

Attachments

• 20130106_131012.jpg
    20130106_131012.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 116
Not bad, ever think about painting the background black it will add depth to your tank. Maybe stack rocks on one side higher then the other side. Give it the illusion of a bigger tank and giving your fish more hiding places.

Make sure to leave the front open for free swimming space.

image-1754069825.jpg

image-373340606.jpg

image-2340217224.jpg

image-3818827301.jpg

image-3400712181.jpg

Yeah I was considering painting the back, but I was impatient to start with and now dread the effort that it would take.
What are your opinions about black backgrounds? I was thinking of using Velcro to hold it on, I am tempted just cause of the convenience. I'm thinking black is the way to go, but am intrigued by those rock backgrounds.
I haven't been able to get the rocks exactly how I want, but I will try stacking it a bit more on one side might add a nice touch.

what about the Frontosa? Do you think he will be ok by himself? Just some of the stuff I have read says you need to add more than that

That stock list needs to be addressed, that's a mix of fish that is doomed to fail once they start to grow out. Most of those fish need a 6' 125 gallon + tank. The fronts alone need to be kept in groups of 5+.

Yo all, finally got my tank near complete.
It's been running for a couple of months now, it has a Fluval 406 and a Fluval G3 as filtration.

My stock is:
4x Bistlenose Catfish
Neolamprologus leleupi
N. Venustus
Pseudotropheus hongi
Haplochromis species #44 "thickskin”
Dimidiochromis compressiceps
Pseudotropheus demasoni
Cyphotilapia Frontosa “7 Stripe Frontosa”

I am expecting to lose a couple due to the aggression and potential incompatibility of some, but so far everyone except the Maingano have been pretty chill.

Any advice? I am unsure if I should stock it a bit further or not

These should be ok together

Bistlenose Catfish

That stock list needs to be addressed, that's a mix of fish that is doomed to fail once they start to grow out. Most of those fish need a 6' 125 gallon + tank. The fronts alone need to be kept in groups of 5+.

Agreed

Back
Top Bottom