New 46

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a 46 gallon bow front. Emperor 400 filter on it. Can I do a Bicher or knife fish in there? Along with some other slightly smaller oddball tank mates?

I got a 46 gallon bow front. Emperor 400 filter on it. Can I do a Bicher or knife fish in there? Along with some other slightly smaller oddball tank mates?

You most certainly can't do a knife fish.

Any recommendations on other oddball stock?

Or should I do something completely different?

Oddballs are incredibly difficult to do because their rarity is often as a result of not being suited to common aquarium trade.

I'd investigate the birchir and maybe a leaf fish is the best I can offer sorry.

What if I did killifish? Their somewhat oddball

Killifish can be aggressive, like green wonder killis have actually killed my guppies and mollies before. But gambusia affinis killis have only hurt my really long finned fishes like male guppies or lyre tail mollies and angels. So just be aware and research the type of killifish you get. There are plenty of peaceful killifish but usually they only live a year or two

Killifish can be aggressive, like green wonder killis have actually killed my guppies and mollies before. But gambusia affinis killis have only hurt my really long finned fishes like male guppies or lyre tail mollies and angels. So just be aware and research the type of killifish you get. There are plenty of peaceful killifish but usually they only live a year or two

Ok thanks! How many killi can I keep in a 46? I will try breeding them in the future.

Ok thanks! How many killi can I keep in a 46? I will try breeding them in the future.

Well that depends on the type of killi and what you plan to have as tank mates. As far as I know if your just keeping killis and your using a smaller species you could probably have 1 per every 5 gallons or so but I don't know what type of 46 gallon or any of that so just do some research on them. I don't know how to breed them either. If they don't guard they're eggs I would assume a small colony or just a pair would work better than a whole school unless they're live bearers

Back
Top Bottom