New 50 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steg22

Aquarium Advice Activist
So im about to pick up a juwel 180 with nexx filter all ready to have live rock added, im going for a FOWLR and just wondered if this list would be pushing it, or even compatible at all:

Picasso Trigger
Pair of Nigripe Clowns
An Angel of some sort
Watchman Goby.

Thanks Guys

The angels would be one of the following:

Wanatabei
Rusty
Flame
Coral Beauty
Cherub
African Flameback

Depending on price and compatability

I know that picasso triggers need bigger tanks :/ the angels would be fine as long as they are dwarf :)

aw man the picasso was a must! lol. What about tangs, what is the all purple one with yellow around the eye? And also what about puffers or box fish, any that stay quite small?

Check out live aquaria.com they have list of marine fish pretty much all the info you need and a compatibility list also.

steg22 said:
aw man the picasso was a must! lol. What about tangs, what is the all purple one with yellow around the eye? And also what about puffers or box fish, any that stay quite small?

I think you may be describing the Niger Trigger. A very cool fish and one of the more peaceful triggers.

emerald76 said:
No tang belongs in a 50 gal

This is true i didnt notice the tank size right away. Triggers need a much larger tank as well. If you want tangs and triggers, i advise a 6 foot tank which is 125g or more.

so got the tank back in one piece thanks to the work van, hopefully they don't ask for a tracker report! I will have to go back to the drawing board with the tangs and triggers then, any ideas on fish that stay smallish?

just a little update, the guy from my lfs has supplied me with a prizm skimmer, i know some of you guys think they're noisy but its a small price to pay for a bargain, and if it annoys me that bad ill just get a different impeller or motor for it!

There are lots of small fish you can do in a 50 gal. Check out the nano fish on liveaquaria.com and just look around. In my 55, I have 2 b/w clowns, lawnmower blenny, coral beauty, and an indigo dottyback.

Well im looking at a cherub angel, and russ it doesnt have to be great on a low stocked fowlr does it? as long as its producing bubbles it'll be doing something p

So i'm looking at getting the first half of my live rock next weekend, what is the most porous kind? what about nicest shapes? is it better to get a dense rock or light rock?

do any of them look branchy? russgibbo has some cool branching rock but i cant remember for the life of me what it was, but that will have to be put on the top as im sure its like £15 a kilo, think the figi over here is about £10 a kilo

Back
Top Bottom