New 55 litre tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPB94

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

I have just brought a 55 litre tank, its one of those new aqua one tanks and I was wondering if other people have had any expirences with a 55 litre marine tank and what they have put in them. I was thinking of having a pair of yellow tailed damsels, What are peoples opinions?

Many thanks,

Daniel

Welcome. Damsels can get extremely aggressive so just beware. I had to re home mine.

I had to do the same to mine.

Depends on what your end goal is. If you want to have a Damsel tank then I think you will enjoy it. However, if you intend on putting other species of fish in there you might have issues. Damsels are great for cycling a tank but they are a very territorial fish.

Also, catching them can be a hassle.

Best of luck and welcome

It was only going to be a pair of yellow tailed damsels and a few inverts in the tank, would that be ok? If not what other fish would be ok in a tank that size?

Many thanks

It was only going to be a pair of yellow tailed damsels and a few inverts in the tank, would that be ok? If not what other fish would be ok in a tank that size?

Many thanks

IMO the tank is too small for them but maybe if you plan to give them a new home after they grow that wouldn't be an issue. They are extremely hardy hence why people love to cycle tanks with them. I would look at smaller species of clowns or even gobies.

I believe the search term you are looking for is "nano fish". I did a search and this might be a good place to start.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+2124

If you are looking for a challenge a seahorse tank could be cool

Wish you the best. I'm super interested in smaller tanks ....
Oh and if you are looking for corals for that tank I was just talking to my lfs and they were saying that Xenia do very well in low quality water. I may even sell you some ;)

Back
Top Bottom