New 55 litre tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alba Cory

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just starting a new tank and this is how it looks so far:

image-4259738505.jpg

It's only the one bit of DW and one plant split into a few separate areas. Also two moss balls as I am planning on getting RCS so would like to see them on these. I will be purchasing more plants at some point, not sure what yet. I am thinking about maybe a few white stones for the back left corner as that's under the filter flow. Not sure yet, what do you guys think? Opinions and ideas welcome. I want to do a fish less cycle with fish food, is that the easiest way to do it and how much food do you think I should use for this size tank? Any input would be appreciated!

Also the plant layout is not finished, I was just wanting to get them planted and judge how much space they take up etc. As its a betta I will be getting I wanted a large leaf collection towards the back so he can lay on the leafs and that.

Just starting a new tank and this is how it looks so far:

View attachment 178675

It's only the one bit of DW and one plant split into a few separate areas. Also two moss balls as I am planning on getting RCS so would like to see them on these. I will be purchasing more plants at some point, not sure what yet. I am thinking about maybe a few white stones for the back left corner as that's under the filter flow. Not sure yet, what do you guys think? Opinions and ideas welcome. I want to do a fish less cycle with fish food, is that the easiest way to do it and how much food do you think I should use for this size tank? Any input would be appreciated!

Since you're getting a betta, just be sure the water flow from the filter isn't too much. My male betta does real well in my 55 gal with a lot of output from the filter but the girls in their 20 gal can't stand any type of flow. They love caves to explore also. Just a suggestion. Good luck, looks good so far!!

Since you're getting a betta, just be sure the water flow from the filter isn't too much. My male betta does real well in my 55 gal with a lot of output from the filter but the girls in their 20 gal can't stand any type of flow. They love caves to explore also. Just a suggestion. Good luck, looks good so far!!

Well the flow rate on lowest setting seems a bit fast moving so might reconsider what I'm going to stock it with. RCS is a definite though, maybe an otto and a snail of some sort. I have a pair of honey gouramis in my QT tank just now so might move them in though the flow might be a bit much for his bubble nests, no idea how I could help as I have looked around a few local shops and no one has any floating plants. I want a cave but not sure how to use real materials for it and not a plastic one, would slate work?

Back
Top Bottom