New 55g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james77

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so now that I've gotten another 55g tank I figured I'd share how the build is going. This tank was given to me from a neighbor, yeah I was stunned. Here's the tank.

I filled up the tank overnight to check for leaks and it was all good. So I put 5 coats of exterior flat black latex paint on the back.

I bought new filters, hood, heater, gravel and got some really nice driftwood and rock's. Should be up and running by the end of the day and I'll post more pic's then. I will seed this with some really used filter's from my other 55g that is running the same filter's.

Ok here's the hardscape. This is gonna be simple and a dark theme. My other 55g is a planted tank so I didn't want another. I have 4 high colored orange koi angels that I had shipped from Flordia that are currently in my quarantine tank, for this tank. So this is how I got the scape set up for it now. After repositioning the driftwood and rocks several times this is how I'm going to leave it. Gonna just have one school of a community fish, was gonna go with rummynose tetra's but they don't do well with my water. I've have really good luck with Bloodfin tetras so I'm gonna have a small school of them with the angels and about 4 or 5 Corys for the bottom.

This is how it looks filled. I just put a hugh amount of beneficial bacteria in it from my other 55 gallons filters so it clouded it up some plus it's a new tank so it will be a bit to clear up.

Here are tha angels for this tank I had shipped from a breeder in Flordia.

Since I'm putting orange kois in there I saw the rocks that had some orange in them and got. I think it will work once I get the angels in there. If not I have a lot of other colors to choose from.

I added some green on the left for now to block out the Christmas tree lights. I'm still looking for that perfect piece of driftwood for that side.

Attachments

• Abbies_4th_birthday_040.jpg
    Abbies_4th_birthday_040.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 80
Ok found the piece of driftwood I was looking for. From the side it looks like a hand with the finger's reaching up. I wanted to make sure it's not too high so the angels will have plenty of room to swim when full grown. It's lighter in color than the Malaysian pieces I have but I liked the light color of it. Tank is about finished for now just have to wait to make sure it will be cycled when I add the Koi angels. The water is cloudy from all the disturbing of everything. Also I'm sure it will leach a little still.

Tank is finished now and angels have been added. Here's a few pics.

Back
Top Bottom