New 55g Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamiskool

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok so just came back form vacation and finally finished moving into my apartment heres a few pics of my setup so far, still need to get a co2 system and a canister filter to replace the aqueon filter. also just ordered some xmas moss, java mass, java fern, and i think some slim leaf java fern. so you think I would really need a co2 system for these plants? and my wattage is about 125ish. i could double that but then I know ill for sure have to get a co2 system. also the plants in there already were ones I moved from my 10 gallon tank, think it was some mondo grass, some kind of anubis, and a mimosa moss ball all from petco. This is basically my first fish tank seeing as how I only had a 10 gallon before and only for a month before I realized the fish I was keeping and wanted should not be in a 10 gallon tank (pleco, rainbow shark, and tiger barbs)

Wow! Nice scape you got going on there. By any chance would you know what kind of driftwood that is? It's beautiful!

urrrrrrrg are you sure! i got it from petsmart and it was in a tank **** that kinda sucks. thats what i get for trusting a petsmart employee. thanks for the heads up

urrrrrrrg are you sure! i got it from petsmart and it was in a tank **** that kinda sucks. thats what i get for trusting a petsmart employee. thanks for the heads up

Yep he's sure. I know ... I went through the same thing from ... you guessed it Petsmart. At first it's fine but as the weeks past you'll literally see it disintegrate before your eyes. Sorry ... if you can return it do so. Crypt may be an option to consider ... if you have a Petco, they usually have them in small baskets for $6-7. You get quite a few actually.

thanks for the help ill be sure to throw them out i guess =(

You don't have to toss it, just set it up so that the top is out of the water and it'll likely grow well, if it can get some light. Or if you know of a high humidity area to plant it in, that'll work as well.

heres an update with pics of a few new plants, still waiting on the blyxa and stargrass. enjoy and please leave any suggestions

Your plants filled out very well. Very interesting scape. Seems to all come to a peak with your moss covered driftwood! (y)

there all between 2 1/2 and 3 inches. and thankyou! im really happy my first planted tank turned out great

Back
Top Bottom