New 60g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I got a 60g with stand filters and heaters for 100 bucks this Christmas and I have no idea what to do with it haha I was thinking of maybe just having some gbr in there so I can finally get them to breed and raise they're fey safely buuut seems like a big tank just for them is alot. I also like apistogramma and angels so I don't know exactly what to do with the tank kinda just planning

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would put some african cichlids is there

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I like the idea of planting it heavily the tank and breeding the GBRs over Africans but that's me...
I have a 60 gallon as well and if yours is like mine I don't think it would be a very good tank for Africans. You could definitely do a nice colony of Tanganyikans but other than that your honestly pretty limited with the footprint of the tank. Once again if it's like mine.
Angels would love the height of the tank if you did that route. You could also do a sweet blackwater set up and get some sweet Apistos!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hmmm yea haha was leaning towards heavily planted and breeding gbr, also thought about Africans but like u said the foot print sucks it's just tall same dimensions as my 40 but taller and on a side note it came with a pen plax 500 canister filter but it's missing everything haha its just the canister no hoses or intake or output parts wondering if it's worth getting all the parts

Hmmm yea haha was leaning towards heavily planted and breeding gbr, also thought about Africans but like u said the foot print sucks it's just tall same dimensions as my 40 but taller and on a side note it came with a pen plax 500 canister filter but it's missing everything haha its just the canister no hoses or intake or output parts wondering if it's worth getting all the parts

Haha sounds fun! I like the tank don't get me wrong but man, the width just bothers me!

Yea same would have rather had more length and width than just taller haha but for what I paid it's not bad

It's gunna be a pain if I want to do plants though.... need substrate,lights,and maybe co2 ferts I already have

That's why I said Africans

Hehe true just need rocks and hide holes and theyre good but I've never done Africans I just have a planted 40g community tank

A giant school of rummy nose tetras! African cichlids are pretty though.

Some Kribensis and a school of tiger barbs would look cool

Hmm I kinda want to do planted I enjoy it more think I'm going to wait for the tax return and get me a bml and some co2 then go from there
Then I'll decide what type of cichlid to keep gbr,apistogramma,angel, or some other dwarf cichlid who knows

Jungle Val and sword forest with angels and med. Size tetras like redeye or bleeding heart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm that would be kool too brook tall enough that the vals and swords won't grow out haha well at least the swords think vals get long

Back
Top Bottom