New 75gal angelfish stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theod

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, first post here. Have been stalking for a while and saw lots of good information and help. Figured i'd make my own post.

As title states. I'm setting up a 75gal tank after i move. My current plan is to use sand substrate, plants - not sure what ones yet. and to have angelfish. I don't know much about angelfish aside that they can become aggressive once they start pairing and breeding. I'd like to have a community tank as it's going to be in the diningroom/living room area. I thought about doing angelfish and apisto's. I currently have a 15gal tall tank for a betta w/ 13 snails (10 assassins 3 nerites) and 1 shrimp. I don't think angelfish would go well inside that tank if i have to seperate anything and won't be able get anymore tanks.

What fish can go well and be "showy" alongside angelfish? How can i stop them breeding or pairing off. And if we take out the angelfish what would be cool some cool stocking ideas for a "show piece".

TIA for all the help and info. Hopefully the post isn't too long.

If you took out angelfish, a huge shoal of cardinal tetras would be an impressive sight. They are very gorgeous, and less demanding than angelfish. Dwarf cichlids are also very beautiful. I would get Bolivian rams if I was you.

Back
Top Bottom