New 75gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbullock

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I had a saltwater tank about 20yrs ago, didn't have much luck with it. I am trying again. I am starting a 75gal, have my substrate in and will be adding 80lbs of Caribbean liverock from Live Aquaria tomorrow. I'm a bit confused about the lighting. I will be keeping mostly soft corals with just a few fish. Some people I talk to like the T-5's and other like the LED's. PLEASE!!!!!! Can someone help me, I don't really understand it all. What would be the best?:banghead:

I have an 8 bulb t5ho on my 75 gallon. If I were to do it over I would go with the dimmable led's on e-bay. I think the company is taotronics.

Liverock arrived today. Also added two powerheads to help with the current. Tanks still a little cloudy, hope it clears up in a day or two.

Thanks everyone for the help with the lighting. Thinking may go with the t-5's. Someone said I shouldn't use metal halides....that they may burn my corals. Would appreciate any input. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the help with the lighting. Thinking may go with the t-5's. Someone said I shouldn't use metal halides....that they may burn my corals. Would appreciate any input. Thanks!

yea you don't "need" MH or LEDs for soft corals. you can easily get away with a 4 or 6 bulb fixture. I like the look of LEDs & also recommend the ebay dimmable fixtures. but thats just MHO

Thanks! Your the second person to recommend. The dimmable LED's on ebay. Guess I'm gonna have to check them out. Will let you know what I decide. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom