New 90 gal long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! I'll try to get to the hardware store today and look for it. Any types of paint I should avoid IYO?

Krylon fusion is the only paint that I know of that is safe to use in an aquarium. Most others could flake off and hurt fish. However if it is being used outside the tank most paint could be used.

Well this has become a labour of love. Spent a couple of days (in between work, kids and Christmas preparations) sanding back, undercoating and painting the stand. It looks great. I get the tank on the stand, start cleaning it and discover bits of silicone missing.

Sigh. Only 4 months into the hobby and this will be my second strip & reseal. Oh well, guess that's the price you pay for buying on EBay. On the up side, I'll probably get more enjoyment from it knowing how much blood, sweat and tears went into it.

Just had to vent. That is all ;)

Well this has become a labour of love. Spent a couple of days (in between work, kids and Christmas preparations) sanding back, undercoating and painting the stand. It looks great. I get the tank on the stand, start cleaning it and discover bits of silicone missing.

Sigh. Only 4 months into the hobby and this will be my second strip & reseal. Oh well, guess that's the price you pay for buying on EBay. On the up side, I'll probably get more enjoyment from it knowing how much blood, sweat and tears went into it.

Just had to vent. That is all ;)

I have never once had to do that but I've but mostly all new

Back
Top Bottom