New 90 gal. supply list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carnifex

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm going to be starting up a 90 gallon reef in the next couple weeks and thought I should list everything I plan on getting to see if there will be any problems, or if someone has better suggestions. Here is the list of hardware:
-90 gallon glass aquarium with corner overflow(1" hole diameter) +return and stand
-29 gallon sump/refugium(because i won't be able to fit a 40breeder under the stand:/ )
-Reef Octopus NWB150 6” Pinwheel
In Sump Protein Skimmer Reef Octopus NWB150 6
-Mag drive 5 for the return pump
Mag Drive 500 Water Pump with 10 ft. Cord | thatpetplace.com
-2 Vortech MP10 power heads VorTech MP10ES Propeller Pump | thatpetplace.com
-2 Eheim Jager 150w or 200w heater Eheim Jager Automatic Aquarium Heaters | thatpetplace.com
-2 18" Acan prism LED lights 600PA-18B
-120lb - 150lb of live rock
-100lb of live sand
-misc. stuff(reef salt, nets, test kits, cover, power strips, thermometer, etc.)
I'm going to be using ro water. What kind of hydrometer should i get? I was thinking about one of these Saltwater Aquarium Salinity & Specific Gravity Testing: Portable Refractometer
Anything I left out? Anything I should change? Thanks ahead.

It all looks good. Good job, it looks like you did your research. Dont forget thermometer as well

Yep add a ro/di to the list and might as well get a refractometer for salinity, better than a hydrometer by miles. :)

Cool! Thanks everyone! Ordered everything this morning(minus live rock/sand). I already own a 5 stage ro/di system for drinking water so I'm good there. I also ordered a refractometer. Can't wait for everything to arrive! ^_^

Cool! Thanks everyone! Ordered everything this morning(minus live rock/sand). I already own a 5 stage ro/di system for drinking water so I'm good there. I also ordered a refractometer. Can't wait for everything to arrive! ^_^

Good job! Have you considered livestock yet? Or reef or fish only? You did good with tank research, try to do the same with livestock . Try this website for fish info.

www.liveaquaria.com

Back
Top Bottom