New Acropora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like its been going downhill a little before you got it. Browned out. I bet it colors up under some good lighting.

Schism said:
Looks like its been going downhill a little before you got it. Browned out. I bet it colors up under some good lighting.

Why do say that should be a different color I thought it look health

Could just be the lighting or the picture but most corals are not naturally brown. Browning can occur from lack of light or a number of water quality issues.

This could be the natural color but not likely, many corals i buy look somewhat like this but in a week or two under strong lighting and good parameter colors will start to emerge. Ive had frags go from brown to full flouresent colors.

If that is the case with this coral its not an issue as long as its getting proper water quality and light it will do well and gain more color.

Color loss can also be the result of excessive phosphate as well as slow growth. Looks like you may have a hair algae problem meaning you have a phosphate problem. If your testing near 0 for trates and phosphates then it is bound up in the algae, rocks and aand where is cannot be tested. Only nitrates and phosphates in the water column unbound are detectable with test kits.

Back
Top Bottom